Wash your hands often and properly, practice social distancing, which includes staying 1.5m away from others and stay at home where possible and if you are sick.
It is important that the community remain aware of the situation, keep up-to-date on requirements, obtain the correct information and guidance, but not be alarmed.
The community is encouraged to regularly visit the following websites, which is the leading source of accurate information in relation to COVID-19. This information is updated when new advice is available for the community.
For the latest health advice visit: www.health.qld.gov.au
For the latest travel and border advice visit: www.smartraveller.gov.au
For the latest advice on economic assistance for affected industries and small business visit: www.qld.gov.au/about/industry-recovery
2 April 2020 - Community Message 5
31 March 2020 - Community Message 4
27 March 2020 - Community Message 3
24 March 2020 - Community Message 2
10 March 2020 - Community Message 1
Council will not be taking any bookings for the hire of any Council facilities or the community bus. The following Council facilities are closed until further notice:
- True Blue Visitor Information Centre
- Heritage Buildings
- Freedom Camping
- Rodeo Grounds
- Recreation Grounds
- Public Swimming Pool
- Caravan Park swimming pool and barbeques
- Lake Belmore Recreation Area
- Anzac Park playground and barbeques
- Public toilet facilities at the Railway Station, Town Hall, Visitor Centre, Matron Morrow Hall, Heritage Police Residence, Rodeo Grounds, Recreation Grounds and Lake Belmore